 Star Wars / 3063
Re: Too much forshadowing
Newsgroups:
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:59:03 GMT

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:54:06 GMT, "John Bauman" <jtb86@ptdprolog.net>

-
They have a little too much foreshadowing in the movie.
Right when they're burning Qui-Gon(isn't he supposed to fade),

Apparently the transendental fade-out is a trick the jedi learn later.
Either later, after Anakin becomes Darth Vader (remember Obi-Wan's speech
to Vader before their final duel?  Vader didn't know about the fade-out).
Or later, at higher levels of force-mastery.

My take on what was seen in the movie is that the Force isn't as strong
with Gui-Gon as we've seen it in other people.
I read on a web page(Star Wars Technical Commentaries(I think)) that
yoda taught the vanishing trick to Obi-Wan after Qui-Gon(hey, they rhyme!)
died.

When Mon Mothma(I believe) said "But who did he kill, the master or
the apprentice," they immediatley shift over to palpatine.
He is deffinetly working for, or being, darth Sidious(or as my friend
suggested, being his clone). The same with the long parting scene.

Is there anyone who hasn't connected this?  Darth Sidious *looks* (and
sounds) like the Emporer from ROTJ, and Senator Palpatine has his name.

My guess is that they'll go back(remember c3po).

Somehow Kenobi
will force his mother to be killed(maybe with help from palpatine).

That would suck.

He'll then be angry at Kenobi,then he'll hate Kenobi.Then, in a fight with
Kenobi,
he'll fall in a lava pit. He'll come out, but palpatine will make him a • true
darth vader.

I thought that Vader went over to the dark side as some kind of double
agent.  He told Luke that he thought he could resist the power of the
Emporer.  I'd much rather see Anakin fall from reckless hubris, than
because he's mad about his mother.

He'll start killing all the Jedi....

Yeah, if there are only two Sith, they'll both be pretty busy.  I heard
there were about 10,000 Jedi (in the time of the Republic) on Coruscant
alone.  I bet they have to hire henchmen, or incite some lynch mobs.

Or maybe they let the Clone Wars take care of the dirty work.

Steve