 Star Wars / 3062
Re: LEGO Star Wars Sets are Record Setting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 07:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Blomberg writes:

The good thing about this- the profit motive of TLG
will have it try to repeat this success with other
sets.  Now they just have to find another popular
culture theme to latch onto.  (Hint: it's not Winnie the Pooh)

Well, I for one hope they figure out that part of the success of these sets is
how well-designed they are.  Almost no other liscence is going to generate the
kind of sales Star Wars is... and I really do hope they *don't* start
liscencing out other properties, even ones I'm very, very fond of (Macross,
Babylon 5, etc).  I like Lego being Lego... no matter how happy I was to hear
about the Star Wars sets.

Actually, I think I'll write them a letter, saying just that.  Err, the forst
part, I mean, about how the sets' design is partially to credit for the strong
sales.

Eric