 Star Wars / 3291
Re: Babylon 5 Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:23:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brett Carver writes:
Peter Fuesz wrote:
Speaking of Babylon 5, has anyone else tried to
make a Starfury out of Lego?
This same topic came up over in rec.toys.lego.  In respose I created
a temporary page with some pictures of my first attempt at a Starfury.
It's appropriate that the discussion is in lugnet.starwars since my
version is built basically from the X-Wing and Snow Speeder models.
http://www.sonic.net/~vineyard/b5/

Wow!  Very cool.  You have pleased a die-hard B5 fan.  I am quite impressed
with your wing assembly -- as seen from the back -- very clever.  Like I said
before, it looks like it's got a *lot* of playability!

A couple of requests / comments:

a: Can you put it in a more permanant area?  Possibly with updates as they
come?  :-,

b: The Starfury's main armamants are two pairs of large blasters, mounted on
the "chin", on either side of the grappling claw.

c: The positional jets pointing out from the main engine assemblies are
larger -- at this scale, they'd be between 2 and 3 studs wide.

d: What are the odds of you putting this slick sweet machine into LDraw?

e: Black Omega.  'Nuff said.

Cheers,
- jsproat