 Star Wars / 3053
Re: LEGO Star Wars Sets are Record Setting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:27:21 GMT

D'oh!

That's not in response to Eric's post,
but to TLG.

Of course these sets are selling well:
1. They have great designs.
2. They are tied to a blockbuster movie - everytime
   TPM is advertised on TV, print, radio - all SW toys are
   basically advertised as well.
3. Great 'playability' for kids.
4. Cross collectible item for both SW and Lego Fans.

About the only way they could not have been great
sellers if they were 5 piece Town Jr. style sets.

The good thing about this- the profit motive of TLG
will have it try to repeat this success with other
sets.  Now they just have to find another popular
culture theme to latch onto.  (Hint: it's not Winnie the Pooh)

-- dave