 Star Wars / 3295
Re: Babylon 5 Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:10:23 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:
Wow!  Very cool.

Thanks.

A couple of requests / comments:
a: Can you put it in a more permanant area?  Possibly with updates
as they come?  :-,

I plan to.  I'm working on a larger site for the "Robotics Vehicle Lab".
It's primary focus will be on Mindstorms, but will have other stuff
(like the Starfury).  And, yes, I do have updates planned.

b: The Starfury's main armamants are two pairs of large blasters,
mounted on the "chin", on either side of the grappling claw.

True.  But I have seen pictures with additional items mounted higher
as I have them.  Right or wrong, they looked cool.

c: The positional jets pointing out from the main engine assemblies
are larger -- at this scale, they'd be between 2 and 3 studs wide.

Also true.  And mine aren't pointing at just the right angle.
But, for the time being, they're close enough for my needs.

d: What are the odds of you putting this slick sweet machine into LDraw?

I'd like to, but right now I'm feeling the pressure of a LARGE learning
curve to figure out how to use LDraw.  I've just got too many Lego
projects waiting on the list to spend time learning LDraw.  The
highest priority non-building project is getting the web site finished.

e: Black Omega.  'Nuff said.

Yea, that would be very cool.  But my other constrain (for now) is
to build the model from X-Wing/Snow-Speeder parts to make it a bit
easier for others to re-create.  Once the design is cleaned up,
then interested people could start digging for black parts...

--
                                                        Brett Carver
                                                        brett@sr.hp.com