 Star Wars / 2961
Re: Episode II- A Love Story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:50:58 GMT

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:16:55 GMT, Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote:

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Benz writes:
Hi,
A rescue and chase/battle sound likely, I'd also bet on her being killed at
the end or beginning of Ep 3 to get Anakin to go dark.
Lines for Episode 2 forming now...
Mark

Ooo.. Wow. Underneath that friendly exterior lies the dark heart of a writer.
Mwhahahahaaa..
But it does sound very likely.

My personal theory (which you should not read if you haven't seen Ep1) is that
something will happen to...

(spoiler space)

(better safe than sorry)

(if you have a monitor large enough to see
all of these warnings at once...I'm jealous)

Shmi Skywalker, his mother.  There was some *heavy*
foreshadowing going on that she would be part of the
reason for Anakin's fall.

When Yoda says "I sense much fear in you..." they talk
about how Anakin is afraid for his mother.

There was the whole parting scene, too: "Will I ever see
you again?" (pause, uncomfortable look from Shmi) "What
does your heart tell you?"   Meaningful?  I think so.

Foreshadowing...your guide to quality literature.

And also, when they were sitting at the table, and Anakin wanted to help.  She
finally relented and said something like "he was meant to help".

-- Terry K --