 Star Wars / 2633
Re: Build your own R2!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 03:35:15 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 1999 15:54:33 GMT, Christopher Masi
<cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

General consensus (around here) was "Why'd they make his head out of big,
printed pieces?" and "Why'd they dumb down the RCX to the Mini-Scout?"

At first I thought this too, but as long as LEGO keeps making the RCX with 3 inputs
and outputs then a smaller one may be a good idea.

When I wrote "dumbed-down", I didn't mean smaller.  From the published
information, it's not clear, but it's possible the mini-scout will not be
programmable.  Instead, it will be preprogrammed with 7 "behaviours" which
can be initiated.

Search the archives of lugnet.robotics for more details and horrorible
rumors.

Steve

OK, I thought you meant the input count, but I do remember reading the behavior
thing....but I thought I read that statement associated with the remote control; that
is, the remote control could activate the progamed behaviors. You are right though, if
it is not programable that would be a big bummer.

Chris