 Star Wars / 262
Re: 6 months!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:47:16 GMT

Indeed. Anakin flying (though it could be a simulator) is every boy's • dream. I
have to admit that what I've seen of the trailer doesn't "show up" ep's 4, • 5 & 6
too badly, at least technology-wise. That was a big concern of mine - I • didn't
want to lose my appreciation of those episodes, especially if I ever • decided to
watch them according to their timeline. I think that's maybe why the • special
edition versions were released.

Even so, I also regard the special effects of Forbidden Planet to be far
superior
to many later sci-fi/fantasy efforts. And of course, Ray Harryhausen's
animation
techniques still impress even in light of today's incredible CGI animations.
One of the reasons why they still impress, and will  continue to impress is
the
limited technical resources available to accomplish these effects.

The ROJ MF flying through the swarm of TIE's will always impress me. I had
watched
the special edition, just to see if anything related to the Endor battle
scenes
were enhanced, though I don't think anything needed to be!

The opening trailer scene, flying over the city, was incredible. I can't
wait to
see that one on  the big screen.

Any idea what software would have been used for the film? No doubt Alias
Wavefront
and & that other SG app whose name escapes me.....?
Anyone know if something more within the grasp of mere mortals were used?
There is a great site with repositories of 3DS models,
http://swma.echostation.com

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/