 Star Wars / 258
257  |  259
Subject:
6 months!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:31:24 GMT

6 more months to wait!
After 15 years, finally!
I just hope episodes II and III don't take too long to produce......
Yes, I have finally seen the trailer!
Millions and billions of thanks to John Boreczky who put the
trailer on a server somewhere to which I could actually connect!
I had a list of servers to try which I had brought to work with
me and couldn't connect to any of them. Half of them our
firewall administrators in the States had already blocked!
(Just hoping none of them were known porn repositories! I work
in England for an American firm. Our web access is via a server
in Chicago, and we even have our own trans-Atlantic cable!) I
couldn't connect to the official site files, either. I must have
spent a fortune on 'phone bills for all of my failed attempts...
Just imagine the frustration attempting to download, and half-way
through downloading a 25MB file, your ISP disconnects you! I had
to content myself with watching the 1st half a few dozen times before
seeing if a refresh would take over where it had left off. (Of course
I had tried to save it first, search high and low for any piece of it
in cached or .tmp form, no such luck......). Refresh started from the
very beginning.....2 hours wasted! Well, not quite....
I was speaking with a friend via ICQ while trying to connect to files.
Told him about it, and as he has a cable modem, had managed to watch
the trailer 3 times before I could even find something to connect to!

Impressions.....I thought the scene in ROJ, where the MF was flying through
a swarm of TIE fighters to be one of the best special effects ever. Even
today, I still think that. Having seen the scene where Anakin is flying
through a similar such swarm.....this just makes the suffering worse.
They call it a teaser, I call it torture......
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/