 Star Wars / 2608
2607  |  2609
Subject:
OK, here's a ? for you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 19:38:22 GMT

Spoilerage to follow:

So if Darth Vader and Darth Maul are these awesome Sith dudes with the
power of the Dark Side of the force how come they keep getting surprised?

In Ep5:ESB even I could tell that Luke was going to jump down the shaft.
Does that mean the force is strong in me?  Are my medichlorian levels
higher than yours?  I think not.  So why doesn't Vader just use the
force and grab him out of mid air?  He had already demonstrated the
ability to handle the weight while he was flying around during the duel.
So what up wit dat?

(and the Emperor - "Mr. Dark Side" 3319 - oops i'm falling and even
though I am, and have been for a long, long time, a master of the force,
I cannot save myself by flipping through the air or flying or any of
those other things you've already seen on-screen.  I guess I'll just
ignite on contact.  Goof thing I didn't trip on my robe earlier...)

Same thing with Maul:
"Imona kill you, Imona kill you, Imo- oh.  You've jumped up, grabbed the
sword that I carelessly left laying around and cut me in half while i
watched.  Darn."

ObLego:  I must confess that I too thought that thought about "now we
can truly recreate the death of Darth Maul" as his black/black legs and
black w/ gray folds/black hands torso went their separate ways...

SteveC
Perilous Pirate Page
http://www.erols.com/litehous/index.html