 Star Wars / 2212
Re: size of Lego MF revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 13:31:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:
As if this hasn't been hashed enough already, here is some more info for
everyone.

Given you are tyring to build a Lego Millennium Falcon in 'minifig' scale.
And given that the Lego Y-wing and X-wing are minifig scale, here are a few
numbers

        Length of model     Length of 'actual' ship [1]     Studs/meter ratio
        ---------------     ---------------------------     -----------------
Y-wing   46 studs long             16 meters                  2.875
X-wing   34 studs long             12 meters                  2.833

Thus based on these two data points, it appears as if Lego space ships are
scaled to about 2.85 studs/meter.  I leave it to someone else to determine
data points for the others Lego space ships like the snowspeeder and
tie-fighter, but my guess is they will be pretty close.

Thanks for the info!  I did a quick check of my B-Wing, and guess what?  It is
about 45 studs long, fitting the scale!  It is 4 meters longer than an X-Wing,
which comes to about 11 studs.  When I built it, I wasn't even trying to scale
it properly!  ;)

Jeff