 Star Wars / 2104
Re: size of Lego MF revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:21:58 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:

[2] Common Star Wars folklore includes the story of how George Lucas was not
happy with the initial concepts of the Millennium Falcon as they looked to
Space 1999ish.  He finally held up the hamburger he was eating and told his
model builders to build a model that looked like it.  Hence the Flying
Hamburger/Saucer concept.

Hehe.. That's funny. But it's also weird. I remember a friend of mine, who has
talent for drawing, seriously depicting the MF some years ago, and I thought
his picture of it looked like a hamburger and had to ask him what it was. That
little situation has been something I have never quite managed to forget.

   It seems that common items are often inspiration for
   SW ships' appearances or sounds--the MF's engine
   sound eluded Lucas and Co. until they were staying
   in a no-tell motel one night and the air conditioner
   malfunctioned--making the perfect sound for the ship.

   ObSW:  The inspiration for Slave I was apparently
   a novel parking lot streetlight shield at ILM--you know,
   the part at the end that holds the bulb.  Imagine the "nose"
   of Slave 1 stuck on the end of a lamp-post, and a
   bulb where the engine nozzles are on the ship, and
   you'll see what I mean.

   ObSWAngst:  I can't wait to be done with this latest
   paper--then it's gonna be a build-fest like the world's
   never seen!  I'm itching to use that new cockpit--after
   seeing it on that Slave 1 model!

   LFB.