 Star Wars / 2211
Re: size of Lego MF revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 13:02:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:

[2] Common Star Wars folklore includes the story of how George Lucas was not
happy with the initial concepts of the Millennium Falcon as they looked to
Space 1999ish.  He finally held up the hamburger he was eating and told his
model builders to build a model that looked like it.  Hence the Flying
Hamburger/Saucer concept.

That's actually true- I've seen the original models.  It blew.  The concept
modeler for A New Hope really left something to be desired... although his • Star
Destroyer was interesting.

IIRC, the original Millennium Falcon model eventually mutated into the Rebel
Blockade Runner (aka Tantive IV, aka Corellian Corvette).

Chad