 Star Wars / 2089
  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) The actor in the suit portraying Sir Vader (David Prowse) spoke Vader's lines, to cue the actors around him. However, Sir Vader's *real* voice (James Earl Jones) was dubbed in during post-production. That particular scene on the catwalk was (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Sorry, I wasn't clear: in the story, when does Darth Vader figure out who Luke Skywalker really is? Does he know at the beginning of TESB? Does he realize it partway through the film? Oh, never mind--I'll just watch it tonight. Steve (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Well, the part you left out is key - Prowse did NOT know he was going to be voiced over until the movie was released, or soon before. -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Yeah, but that was for A New Hope. I'm sure he figured out by the time he was filming Empire that he was going to be voiced over... "This time, they'll use my voice, for sure!" Eric (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) I had the chance to meet David Prowse 2 years ago, and I guess George was very good at screwing david over. 1) with the obvious voice over of JEJ, BTW David does a very good Vader, just as good as JEJ. 2) In ROTJ David thought that he was (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Mr. Prowse is quite the bodybuilding fan. It was at his gym where Christopher Reeve put on muscle mass for the Superman movies. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

I would think he would find out when he realizes that he boy's name is Luke Skywalker. I don't think we know when the name first appears to him. ?? Just a logical guess. Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda ***...*** REPLY (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) You can see David when he was younger in A Clockwork Orange (I think it was made around the same time as SW). He picks up the old man in his wheelchair and walks down a small set of stairs. (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Maybe not. If the existence of Luke and his sister were kept secret from Vader, then he could well assume that Luke was the son of Uncle Owen. -- Terry K -- (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) wrote: (...) I'll just chime in here and point out that Owen and Beru are from the Lars family, not the Skywalker family. Popular conjecture is that Beru is the sister of Anakin. eric (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) Does Darth Vader ever find out *whose* farm was blown away? He seems very distanced from the whole investigation. It seems like he would be briefed (in detail, if that's not an oxy-moron) on the entire investigation, but that still leaves the (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) A Clockwork Orange was released in 1971. Star Wars was released in 1977. So your own age will heavily affect whether you consider these as being "made around the same time". ;) Steve (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Request regarding "Spoilers"

(...) This is even more plausable once you see Kevin Rubio's "Troops". :-P Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)