 Star Wars / 17937
Re: Unused "feature" in 7675 Clone Wars AT-TE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:58:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Sterling wrote:
I haven't had the pleasure of building the AT-TE just yet.  I have to wait
until X-mas until Stacy will let me have mine.  However, the feature you
describe sounds very similar to the handle that was incorporated into the
10178 Motorized Walking AT-AT so that you can easily carry/move the craft.
I second Scott's assertion that it is probably a carrying handle.

Ironically, I have not yet had the chance to buy the motorized AT-AT (and I
missed the first one), so I had not seen that a T-bar was built into that design
as well.  It does make me wonder, now, how exactly they got those lumbering
beasts down to the planet surface.  I know WEG came up with their own answer (I
believe it involved orbital drop capsules), and one of the Dark Forces/Jedi
Knight video games had a map that required you to navigate through a possible
design for a 4xAT-ST orbital drop capsule, but the LAATc design suggests that
they didn't get it quite right.