 Star Wars / 17082
Re: My Episode II Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Peter Blencowe wrote:

The Geonosians did not design the Death Star as implied by the presence of the

*** If it's not in the movies, it's not official! ***

I believe this is Lucasfilm's official position.

Dexter (that four armed alien from the dinner scene). I personally nominate him for dumbest and most annoying prequel character.

Star Wars (A new hope) was fine.
The Empire strikes back was fine.

Unfortunately, sometime before The Return of the Jedi, Lucas began to believe he
had to include as many fluffy muppets as possible in his next Star Wars movies.
I STILL love the other films. But they're good DESPITE all the unnececessary
additions, not because of them. Just imagine the films without most of the
annoying aliens ...