 Star Wars / 17080
17079  |  17081
Subject:
My Episode II Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:31:50 GMT

Hi all my first Star Wars post. I know it’s not strictly Lego related but I
think that’s ok from other posts I’ve seen.

Just my Ep. II rant. Wanted to generate some discussion because my digital
camera is broken and I can’t post MOCs.

Ok back story wise here’s what’s wrong:

Tuskan raiders do not distinguish between gender in their dress. This
contradiction can be seen in Galactic battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns and the Ep.
II Visual Dictionary in which their clothes vary. It clearly says this is not
the case in The Illustrated Star Wars Universe.

The Geonosians did not design the Death Star as implied by the presence of the
holo-plans removed by Count Dooku in the closing scenes of the movie. The Death
Star was conceived by Grand Moff Tarkin and approved by the Emperor as described
in Star Wars Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. This implies that the
Empire had to exist already and Tarkin had to be a Grand Moff (whatever that may
be. some one set me straight on that please.). Thus it could not have been
designed before hand.

Battle droids are a product of Baktoid Armor Workshop not a Geonosian factory of
some kind although the design could have been licensed out I suppose.

I probably missed a couple dozen others so feel free to add!

Movie problems (or my subjective opinions):

Bad dialogue, the characters sound like cheesy spoofs of themselves from the
previous episode.

No extras or actors were used for any of the clone trooper scenes, digital only.
This made them seem to robot-ish and inhuman (in a bad different way from storm
troopers).

Dexter (that four armed alien from the dinner scene). I personally nominate him
for dumbest and most annoying prequel character. Like Jar-Jar he was unnecessary
addition that made the film stall.

Jango fett’s Armor is a different color and style than Boba’s in the originals.
AND we see Jango without his helmet! In addition, his pistols look like some
decorative piece made for a rich collector not tactical at all (although the way
he used them at the same time was cool).

No big space battle. The one between Obi Wan and Jango doesn’t count. That was
just lame Obi Wan never fires a shot.

The eh-hem “car chase” thing with the air speeders. Just plain stupid trying to
put a car chase into star wars form.

Obi Wan’s lame saber fighting in general.

The rickshaw things on Tatooine never seen in any other movie.

Not even showing one pod racer making them similarly reference less.

And last but not least all those lame jokes that Threepio makes during the
battle. Bad. Awful. Terrible. Abominable. Running out of adjectives.

The fight between Obi Wan and Anakin should have taken place in Ep. II and then
the rise of the Empire in and the Alliance in Ep. III

Ok, I’m done.

Please feel free to add your complaints, comments, commendations, etc.

Peter.