 Star Wars / 1696
Re: Just got two of the new sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 01:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Jason Fabisch wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Ryan Dennett writes:

  Well, I went to said Ames, and they're highly miffed about
  those sets getting out.  I mentioned offhand that someone had
  acquired something there, and they said "yeah, he went and
  took it straight off the pallets, but we've got them put away now"
  in a *very* consterned tone of voice.  Unhappy people.  It
  does look like they're hoarding for Monday, though...I can't
  wait, I will be at We-B-Toys at 11pm Sunday.

  And they still want full price for the big Divers set.  Ugh.  At
  least Princeton's Wal-Mart has 6081 for $20.

  LFB.
Oh, man is that screwed up.  If they were that miffed about it, then they
should have stopped me when I brought back the Sith Infitrator to get the 50%
off discount with it.  What time did you go.  I was there around 2pm.  Well, I
can tell you how many of each I saw.  I saw 2 boxes of Pod Race sets, 2 per
box. 2 boxes of Sith, 3 per box, and 2 boxes of Anakin's pod, 6 per box.  I
didn't see any other sets out and the one I was praying for was the Gungan Sub.
Granted I did take them off the pallets, but they were brought out of the rear
storeroom ready to be unpacked and placed on the shelves.  They were
unpacking the very pallet with Anakins pod as I was leaving the first time with
the Sith Infiltrator.  Hey, if its on the floor, then it can go out the door,
simple as that.  I'll still be waiting in line with everyone else this sunday
night to get in TRU, so no biggy.

Jason F.