 Star Wars / 1659
1658  |  1660
Subject:
Just got two of the new sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:33:07 GMT

Some very interesting things I noticed.  I picked up the Sith Infiltrator and
the Mos Espa Pod Race set today at Aims.  They were pulling pallets out of the
back from a shipment.  They were putting pallets of toys near the toy section
and in them were a couple lego cartons.  There were two boxes in one pallet
that said, "Do not open until May 3rd" or something like that.  I grabbed one
box and opened it.  It was 6 pieces of Anakin's pod.  This set was in the Pod
Race set so I didn't take one.  I searched for quite some time among the other
pallets and found one that said 7151 on it.  2 boxes with 3 in each.  I opened
it and took out a Sith Infiltator.  There was nothing I could see on the carton
that said do not open.  It rang right up with no problems and I took it to the
car.  I came back in to ask if anyone could check in the back.  They looked and
I said I think there should definately be some.  So I went back to the 7151 and
started digging again.  7151 was on top of what appeared to be an unmarked box.
I shifted lots of stuff around until I found it had a lego symbol on it, but I
couldn't see any numbers.  I slit it open and inside was the Pod Race set.
There was only 2 per box and they had 2 boxes.  I asked if I could take one,
she said,"only if it doesn't topple this stack over" :)  So off to the counter
I went.  I went to the same register.  They lady was like, "I can't believe you
just did that!"  I was like "Did what"  She said, if you rang them both up at
the same time, you would get the cheaper one at half off!  I went back to the
car, brought back in the Sith and bought it again for 15 bucks!  Anyhow, I was
looking at the other two pilots.  Sebulba is a one piece figure that looks like
he is steering with his feet and stands on his arms.  Gasgano has a white
minifig head and new special arms, very similar to the skeleton arms but with
an elbow.  As I was leaving, one employee asked where I got those from.  I told
them they are skattered around the floor all over the place.  As I walked out,
I heard over the loud speaker. "Toys, call extension 17, toys extension 17."
Whoops.  :)

Jason F