 Star Wars / 16122
Re: Star Wars Transformers: Transforcers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Crowley wrote:
   I guess I could have just used technic ball joints, but I wanted to buid this one entirely from brick only (no technic).

While the 1999+ ball joints would allow for lots of posability, I think the click/twist hinges used in the Super Battle Droid would make for better results. You’d probably have to look into getting the 1x2 bricks with the plus-shaped holes in the middle to attach them with, assuming you’d still want to go with largely brickbuilt construction.

   This is a really fun project, but if I ever do a Unicron/Death Star, I’m gonna’ have to sell an organ or something to pay for the parts order!

I suggest hocking the spleen. That or the pancreas. Who needs ‘em?

   Actually, I’m not going to try at all to make any of them in scale with one another -- they’ll each just be as big as they need to be, and as small as possible.

Unicron/Death Star shouldn’t be too hard on you if you work in a small scale, like maybe an 8” diameter sphere. If you really want to go all-out with it, you could even build the Minicon ring (Technic pieces should work fine for this) and attach all of the SW mini vehicles to it. And maybe a few SW minifigs, just for yucks.