 Star Wars / 16121
Re: Star Wars Transformers: Transforcers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Crowley wrote:
   I’m starting to make a series of MOCs which are simply Star Wars vehicles that can transform into robots.

Ooh, ooh, do a Droid Fighter that transforms into a robot! Oh wait...

Just out of curiosity, are you running out of characters to make for your Miniland line? I know I’m stretching the limits of available color selection with my BioniWars series...

   The first one: Eximus Prime

I’m probably the only one who noticed this, but I think it would have made a lot more sense to combine Optimus Prime with the Falcon. It’s the signature ship of the Star Wars universe, it’s one of the larger small ships in the Rebel fleet, and it’s basically a giant space-semi. Ironically, the X-Wing would have made much more sense for Skywarp and those other plane characters, but I suspect you’re going to try to keep the Rebel vehicles paired up with the Autobots, right? Mebbe you could do them with Z-95’s, the Tyderium, or Darth Maul’s Sith Infiltrator.

I think it would have been much more visually interesting if the R2 dome was used as the head for the robot mode, and maybe if the nosecone halves split open like the new Unicron feet. The level of articulation is way beyond the original G1 Transformers, however. Pretty impressive considering how you avoided using Technic pieces.