 Star Wars / 16116
Re: Star Wars Transformers: Transforcers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:54:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   The nose looks a little blocky when you look head-on, but better from above.

and

   You should also include some pictures of the transformation process to see how it goes from one to the other.

The hinges I put inside the legs really limited the shape of the nose section (from cockpit forward). I tried using different pieces and SNOT configurations, but it just started getting even bigger and bulkier. I’ll take some more pictures to show more of the leg articulation, and maybe a few of the inside to show the hinge setup. I guess I could have just used technic ball joints, but I wanted to buid this one entirely from brick only (no technic).

I’m planning on taking step by step transformation pics later today. I’ll put them up on my “Transforcers” page (the link in my initial post).

This is a really fun project, but if I ever do a Unicron/Death Star, I’m gonna’ have to sell an organ or something to pay for the parts order! Actually, I’m not going to try at all to make any of them in scale with one another -- they’ll each just be as big as they need to be, and as small as possible.