 Star Wars / 14140
Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:02:31 GMT

I wrote:
Sure, Gareth, but within a reasonable price-point this is pretty good.  Just •  Gareth Bowler writes:
Price point shmice point. Storytellers are total rip-offs. It's certainly
cool that these are accesories to the main Jabba's palace set, and they're
better than the final duel sets (especially the message one) but there's
still no reason they should've been more than 5 $.

When I was talking about the price I meant the $30 set, which is fairly
simliar to, for instance, this Harry Potter set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4706
Both have a few figs plus a molded beast, they seem similar in size, both
have issues of license that might affect the final price.

I agree with you on the prices of the Storytellers.  I always have.  It's
just a difference between "the price per piece is too high, those are bad
sets" and "the price per piece is too high, I'll wait and see if I can get
it on clearance".  If not, I'd eventually pick up the Bib Fortuna and
Gamorrean Guard figs on Bricklink to populate my Jabba's Palace set.

Bruce