 Star Wars / 14129
Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Jardine writes:

Yes! Brucey-wan's:
http://bruce.kus-numa.net/customs/bomarrmonk.html

Ah-ha!  I knew I'd seen that droid MOC before.

Other thoughts:

One of only two (I think) place-sets in the SW line (the other being the
Naboo Swamp) (yes, there are some little things like the tree in the
original Speeder-Bikes set, the "rebel base" in the B-Wing set, and those
Storytellers with a door or a walkway).  We need more place-sets:  Degobah
Swamp (with Yoda's hut and half an X-Wing), Cantina, and, of course, a
series of sets from the original Death Star.

Jabba - cute, but I'm not thrilled.

Slave Leia - I am thrilled.

Gonk - very cute design.  I do like the fact that Eric's design has moving
legs, but this TLC design probably has better proportions.  I've got a lot
of safes, so maybe I'll have to paint one up as a Gonk and make this.

I also thought of the HP sets when I saw this.

Those gates from the big Monster Studios set = cool.

How did they do the head on that other droid (I guess it's EV-9D9)?

I also wondered what those tan 1x1 column pieces were.  Interesting use of
an obscure part.

Looks like a HP frog in the bowl.  I always wanted one of those elements.

Bruce