 Star Wars / 14120
  LEGO Star Wars 2003

Due to my own board being down for maintenence, I want to invite everyone to stop by and check out the first image of a 2003 set later this morning. You're about to find out what I meant when I mentioned something about Huttese a few weeks ago . . . (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars) !!

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

OHboyohboyohboyohboy...boyohboy!! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Lego Gonk! FINALLY STAR WARS PLAYSETS!!!! Yippee!!! That's a great looking set! Thanks, LEGO! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

gotta love that power droid. The pit looks a bit small for a Rancor tho! Dosen't that monk look almost identical to a moc someone did of one a while back ?? -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Yes! Brucey-wan's: (URL) almost identical. Jeff J (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) I must buy as SEVERAL of this set alone... JABBA-FIG... SLAVE LEIA.... those droids look GREAT. looka like the set is a bunch of leftover harry potter stuff... but it's still a great playset... I notice a "lando-in disguise" is NOT present... (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) I was literally taking pictures of a building yesterday at lunch that those columns would be perfect for. Jonathan (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Pretty cool set but I like my GONK from almost 3 years ago better ;-) (URL) about time we got a few more Classic Droids. Eric K. (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) The set number, 4480, seems odd. I wonder why it's not 71XX. Hmmm... obscure characters like EV-9D9, a Gonk, and a B'Omarr monk, but no palace guards, no Rancor, and still no Lando. Maybe we'll get them in another similar set. Jeff J (already (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) They're the internal supports for the spiral staircases in the Harry Potter sets. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Other thoughts: One of only two (I think) place-sets in the SW line (the other being the Naboo Swamp) (yes, there are some little things like the tree in the original Speeder-Bikes set, the "rebel base" in the B-Wing set, and those (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) It's a battle droid body, then a 1x1 tile with clip attaches at the head joint, then the minifig head attaches to that. So the head is actually upside down and will have a big gaping hole on top. The droids, figures and Jabba are kinda cool, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Hey folks, there's two more up now! BIB! GAMOREAN! Wahooo! Alas, the piece to price on those two small "storyteller" sets is just as horrible as the originals :/ Oh well, hopefully the figs will show up on bricklink at reasonable prices. Gonna need (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Ooooooh there's more! (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Check out: 4475 Jabba's Message 44 pc • $6.99 C-3PO and Bib Fortuna minifigs; R2-D2 4476 Jabba's Prize 39 pc • $6.99 Boba Fett and Gamorrean guard minifigs; Han in Carbonite piece These look pretty neat. I will have to pick up a couple of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Sure, Gareth, but within a reasonable price-point this is pretty good. Just add a whole lot of bulk tan bricks from S@H and you could do a pretty good palace. Tan arch bulk-packs would help, too, I suppose. For Tim: You're pretty cruel, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Grr. If only I'd had these when I first started my Tolkien project. Gamoreans would be great orcs. They look a lot like the orcs from the old animated Hobbit to me. Of course, at $7 apiece I wouldn't be able to build up much of an army, so I'm (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

So... where's Bouush (sp??) Scoots (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Can you explain to me why this: (URL) almost twice as much as this: (URL) that the 2nd set contains 28% more pieces Price point shmice point. Storytellers are total rip-offs. It's certainly cool that these are accesories to the main Jabba's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Maybe it's just because those pics are box moc from TLC, but have you notice that none of them show the number of pieces in the box? The name of the set layout is far different from current sets too. And the big palace set seems to be packaged in a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) not bad at all, still better than the previous storyteller sets, we're getting more pieces at least mow and great great minifigs.. The way I ses it, there is more hope right now that we might get a Sail Barge in the future, since the Palace is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Gareth Bowler writes: (...) When I was talking about the price I meant the $30 set, which is fairly simliar to, for instance, this Harry Potter set: (URL) have a few figs plus a molded beast, they seem similar in size, both have issues of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) :) There's a couple of things I hope LEGO will change before release. In my opinion Jabba is the wrong colour, he looks like that green blob ghost from Ghostbusters, and the Gamorean guard could do with a touch of paint to breakup the green. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) -Andrew (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) I thought so too, at first. But look at the grey stripe that runs diagonally across the box. On storytellers, it's closer to the edge and is straight when it meets the bottom. But on Jabba's box, it curves inwards again before it ends, and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Slimer!! What a very cute ghost he was! (ate like a pig though) - Bob (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Hi Tim, Thanks for the pictures. One Question: When ? Have fun building, Best regards from Michael McLeod Lugnet Member #319 (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) I'll bet one or more of: - New mold costs. New mold shows up in only 1 set? Only one set shares the overhead. - Difficult-to-manufacture costs. Minifigs come pre-assembled and are 9+ actual pieces, some of the parts are larger, etc. - Lucas (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

Oh my cripes. Those are fantastic. All the new figs, the jabba, and the jabba, did I mention the jabba? Only gripe is no Rancor! :( Possiblly a future set on it's own? One can dream.... e. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Ball dropped again! Nice, but they are going to need two or three more add-on playsets to complete the gang and heroes. -Aaron- #279 (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) There will never be a Lando! It goes deeper than you or me, it's a conspiracy by "the man" not the smoking man, but the other man. It's similar to the us coin conspiracy. Line up a quarter(old style, no states), dime, nickel, and penny. Face (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) And how, praytell, did Lincoln free slaves? (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

John & All, (...) Ah, I don't think this kind of dialog needs to be in lugnet.starwars group. I put the follow up to off.topic.debate. Thanks! Scott Sanburn Member, MichLUG (URL) Page: (URL) Page: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) True. I was hoping this theme would escape untainted, but no such luck. :( LeSigh (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Have you considered that licencing fees may be the reason for the inflated prices -Orion (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) So if it's licensing, why are the storyteller sets the only ones to suffer from this problem? Most of the rest of the SW line is quite reasonably priced. Look at the cloud car or AT-ST or landspeeder for example. (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)