 Star Wars / 13709
Re: What's left?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:12:54 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ralph Daigle writes:
What about the Imperial Cruiser, the really long city size white ship seen in
the early scenes of EP4 (First Star Wars). 3000 to 4000 white bricks of just
about any shape you have seen in your private collection. The only thing I
remember about it is that it took what seems like an eternity to pass the
camera/screen.

I believe you're thinking of a Star Destroyer.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here: "Imperial Cruiser" is what they
(the writers, film crew, etc) called the ship during filming of Star Wars, but
it was never called so on screen.  For ESB, they named the ships "Star
Destroyers," and were referred to by name on screen.  So, I presume the ship
from the first scene in SW would be called a Star Destroyer retroactively.

Anyway, if TLC makes one, it had better not be white.

Jeff J