 Star Wars / 13679
Re: What's left?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:41:45 GMT

I was wondering this myself, but then thought that there still are quite a
few sets that could be produced, if in smaller than movie scale in certain
cases (*):

- Hoth set (gun tower, couple figs...rebel troopers)

- Hoth rescue (tauntaun, wampa, Han & Luke)

- Imperial Probe Droid  (droid, Han, Chewie)

- (*)Sandcrawler (with a couple droids and jawas using 'stubbie' legs)I see
this as around the same size as the Federation droid carrier

- Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru's house (small structure, couple moisture
collectors, the folks and maybe Luke or the droids)

- (*) Mos Eisley Cantina (small, two wall structure with some interesting
figs...this would be a truly great set IMO)

- Jabba's throne (Jabba, raised throne, Leia and guard...maybe C3PO & R2
thown in as well)

- (*) Endor bunker (small entry arch, small radar dish,  Han, Leia, droids
and couple Stormtroopers)

- Bespin Carbon Freezing chamber/ Boba's Escape landing pad (they could
split this into a couple sets....1.Carbon chamber maybe with a little
switcheroo thing to change up Han fig for Han printed block, Han Leia,
Chewie, Trooper;  2. Landing pad with an arch, closing doors, data port, 2
Bespin guards, Boba Fett, Luke in grey and Lando if TLC felt brave)

- Yoda's house (small hinged hut, Yoda, Luke, Ben Kenobi's ghost..regular
fig made out of that translucent glowinthedark plastic)..I picture this
being similar in size and brick count to Hagrid's Hut.

I'm sure many such sets have been discussed both here and over in fbtb.net
with more detail and insight than these suggestions.   I think a lot of
these sets would sync nicely with one another, and previous sets (Boba's
Escape with Slave I, Hoth sets with Snowspeeder etc.)  Many of these may
unfortunately be to ambitious if most of the money is being directed towards
the Episode sets. However, it seems that the larger sets from the classic SW
lines fall in between the movies...perhaps that gives some hope to sets like
these or similar.

Just thoughts....

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.starwars, Scott DeWolf writes:
So, my understanding is that the LEGO Star Wars license runs out in 05 or
06. But besides sets for EpIII what sets are really left to build?  An ATAT
@ 49.99 perhaps? Maybe Dooku's Solar Sail ship? Maybe even an Hoth playset
with a TuanTuan thrown in?  But is there really much left?

Just curious,

Scoots