 Star Wars / 13229
  Star Wars Questions....

I'm not a huge Star Wars or sci-fi fan, but I did just see the new movie. I have a few questions that I hoped some of those steeped in SW mythology might help me answer. First, Padme Amadala is a senator now? Why is she still not Queen? Did I miss (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) All I can say is their system is dumb, dumb, dumb. Queens are elected for terms, and senators are seemingly hand picked, not elected. So yeah, Amidala's two terms expired within the 10 years since EP1. And since then she's been appointed (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) Well, one thing to consider is that the Queen is a planetary ruler, and the Senator is a member of the Galactic government. It seems that in some systems, at least, planetary rulership runs differently, because Bail Organa is still running (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) About that, why dosnt the empire use the clone troops in later episodes. just a thought, maybe since the have accelerated growth i would guess that they would die sooner so maybe they all died before ep iv. jd (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) From somewhere a while ago I seem to remember hearing that some Stormtroopers are clones. The ones that are, I would rather doubt that they are clones that fought in the Battle of Geonosis. Clones cost money to create and upkeep, and before (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)