 Star Wars / 13039
  Anakin's Speeder

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet...am I the only one who thinks the vehicle Anakin is using in the Tusken Raider Encounter is a Swoop Bike? They didn't do a bad job...I'm all over the way the rods angle down (to keep them from moving back up, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

"Josh Opotzner" <Josh120@aol.com> wrote in message news:GvAv4L.AFI@lugnet.com... (...) It is a swoop bike. Anakin's speeder is the yellow car in the set that also includes Zam Wessel's ship. Take a look at the Anakin TV spot ((URL) which shows him (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Duh, THAT'S what's been bugging me about it - thought it looked familiar and your thread reveals why. Man, my collection of excess minifig heads in exchange for a 'Shadows of the Empire' minifig set - Dash, IG-88, Xixor, Wampa, and oh, what (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Hmmmm, I had thought more people noticed already too. That popped out at me when I saw them posted online awhile back. I wasn't to excited about it. Although I picked it up yesterday for the T. Raiders, and I'll have to admit it's better than (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

In lugnet.starwars, Monica Wilbur writes: Man, my collection of excess minifig heads in (...) Hmm...maybe we are thinking of different things, but don't you mean the Outrider? :) Maybe I should buy an extra Millenium Falcon and make an Outrider. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

Yep, did I really write "Outrigger?" *Snort* That'd be a lot funnier if I hadn't written it. If you have the luxury and the bucks to buy an extra Falcon just to make an Outrider, I'm impressed. I'm still figuring out how to sell one of my kidneys to (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Heavens no! <stimpy voice off>. I have one Falcon, and never even got a Mos Espa Podrace. With it available only by mail order I will probably never buy another Falcon. Likewise I am similarly stumped with the Republic Gunship...but I guess I (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) I've seen the Podrace at a local KB Toys for about $40--if you're looking for one, maybe you should try there. No luck on the Falcon, alas... Dave! (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Thanks for the tip, though a local K-Mart has one for $40 too. I have nothing against the set, in fact I think it'd be pretty cool to buy the Podrace and Watto's Junkyard for a pod line-up, but I have to have priorities :) I'll probably pick (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) The Mos Espa Podrace set is on clearance just about everywhere I turn. I picked it up originally at MEIJER for ~$40, but I eventually found a lower price at TRU for under $35. I even managed to find Mint boxes of this set, along with Watto's (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)