 Star Wars / 12693
  WalMart & Legos

Perhaps I'm alone in my thoughts, but it seems like WalMart is not playing fair in regards to the scheduled release time of Legos. Time after time, they seemingly ignore the release date or "accidentally" put the stuff on their shelves while other (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) TRU does that sometimes too. I've seen sets about a month or so before their release date. I do admit the practice does hurt competition, but I guess that's the way Wal-Mart is. They're a bit greedy on that part, anyway. I like to wait until (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) In my area 3 out of 4 Walmarts tend to acidentally put things out early. I had a conversation with the manager of the one that doesnt put things out early and she told me that Lego has the ability to check the stores records to see if sets (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) My best guess would be something like this... TLC ships xxx trailer loads of 'Spiderman' sets to the various WalMart regional warehouses. The warehouses only have so much space, so the next outgoing truck to the store in Anytown USA with (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) i work @ wal-mart in claremont NH in the electronics dept. & what you've described seemes pretty close to accurate. we try to put stuff out @ the right time, but if yo don't have the space in the storeroom racks (bins)or on the sales floor for (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) Is this really a Lego issue? I thought the deadline was actually a Lucasfilm directive and presumably Wal Mart could face contractual penalties because of all of the Episode II stuff that got put out early. (I have heard that some Hasbro (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) A lot of Walmart (and K-mart too) staff members are lazy and careless. They leave up sale signs and then it is a hassel at the register, instead of taking the item to where it goes, they leave it or stuff it in a wrong place and they hardly do (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)