 Star Wars / 12388
Re: !Castle Shields!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:21:11 GMT

Andrew Weiner wrote:

lol, yeah the sandpeople lego figures do look like the bakshi orcs.
also these new sets have some reallu cool parts. i love the raiders and tht
yoda set.  my gripe?  the new slave 1 is horrible, super juniorized and
looks all twisted, the original was better.

Juniorized is an interesting term for the new Slave I. It looks to me
like it uses at least as many parts as the old one, possibly more. Sure,
it uses some of the new non-brick pieces, but honestly, with it's curved
surfaces, it's a good application for the new curved pieces. I notice
that in addition to the 2x6 curved/sloped/tapered piece, there is a new
3x12 piece which has a low slope instead of a medium slope. Overall, it
looks more detailed to me.

Frank