 Star Wars / 12389
Re: purple light saber?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:42:47 GMT

Ryan Dennett wrote:

In regards to the purple light saber, as far as I know the only Jedi to ever
use one was Mace Windu, so I am assuming that it is just a blue one although
I could be wrong. I would like very much to see a purple light saber. I have
plenty of green and blue. Actually maybe it is dark blue, that would be nice
as well.
I like the padawan Anakin torso very much. Brown is a nice change from tan.
I must say the designs and color variations look to be quite good. I just
hope I will have the money to buy these sets when they come out. The clone
troopers and the Fetts(not seen in this scan) also are very cool.

Ryan

In lugnet.starwars, Trevor Pruden writes:
Guys, take a look at this picture:

http://www.fbtb.net/2002/epiiscans.html

Now, I know that the lightsaber is drawn in for the first time (normally,
they show a clear colored rod of some sort in any applicable set).

Regardless....what color is it?  Am I seeing things or has the marketing
group who designed this box cover purposely made lightsaber blade purple in
color?

Judging from the picture of the minifig (Anakin?) on the left, I'd vote
for blue. I notice that the hair may be dark red which will be cool. We
need more than just brown, black, grey, and tan for the standard male
hair.

Frank