 Star Wars / 12364
Re: Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:02:22 GMT

I wish the jedi wasn't anonymous especially since it was rumored to have
been Mace Windu. Is Lego simply delaying what seems to me an inevitable
decision to produce him.

i think lego is avoiding the problem of the black minifig.  if they produce
one it will violate their expressed policy of not entertaining race in
minifigs. but if they release a yellow mace windu or lando i think lots of
people will be upset.

personally i understand lego's nonrace policy, but i think a brown minifig
(with face, not the one from the TIE fighter) would be a good move.  think
simpsons: yellow for all "light-skinned" peoples, brown for all
"dark-skinned" peoples. keep it simple.

peace
-lenny