 Star Wars / 12362
Re: Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:16:19 GMT

"Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GqvDy5.H4n@lugnet.com...
I sense something, a disturbence in the Force...

Um, is it just me, but does it seem that the Clone Troopers and the Jedi • are
on the SAME side here?

I thought the same thing.  Look on the box cover at starwars.com.  The
Unknown Jedi and one of the Clone Trooper look like they're about to kick
LEGO butt.

Could it be? That the Jedi were mis-lead into fighting for the WRONG side • at
the begining? After all, we know that Palpatine becomes the Emperor, and • is
very strong in the Force, being a Sith Master. Does seem rather • unacceptible
that he would have gone un-noticed by the Jedi until it was too late...

Hmmm...

It's long been my impression from the original trilogy, especially the • first
movie, that the Emperor came to power during the Clone Wars, and that • during
that time was when the Jedi were hunted down and destroyed. From that, I
would have gathered that the Clones were the Bad Guys (prelude to the • Storm
Troopers - alluded to being Clones but never outright acknowledged or • denied
to be as such).

I always assumed the same thing.  Either we were wrong or Lucas is switching
things up to keep it interesting.  Either way I'm happy about this suprising
turn of events.

Interesting how the Clone Troopers helmets are similar to the Fett's
"Maldorian" helmet. I saw one rumor somewhere that stated that Jango Fett
(now confirmed to be Boba's father) is the "master copy" of the clones.
Interesting bit of 'spoilage' on the LEGO site about the new Slave I - • that
it & Jango are being chased through an asteroid field by Obi-Wan in his • Jedi
Fighter (and 'pre-knowledge' already says he gets away as Jango has with • him
his son Boba....).

Awful lot of background material being built up for a minor character that
originally screamed like a girl when he was tossed down into the
Sarlacc.....

LOL!  Funniest thing I've read all week!

--
Grant Giandonato
g.giandonato@home.com