 Star Wars / 12237
12236  |  12238
Subject:
Imperial Platoon Breakdown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 04:56:20 GMT

Hi All,

With the arrival of cheap Stormtroopers, I'm quickly beginning to amass my
AT-AT transported platoon of imperial troops.  Here's the question, though ...
how are squads of stormtroopers armed?  To judge from the death star scene
in ANH, every stormtrooper has a blaster.  But on Tatooine, we see some larger
laser rifles.  I'm sure that there's some reference somewhere that breaks down
a typical squad: I'm guessing something along the lines of:

A Squad: 1 or 2 heavy laser rifles, and 6 or 7 blasters

A Platoon: 2 or 3 regular squads, plus a heavy weapon group (e-web cannon, or
whatever that is), plus an officer, plus a squad of scouts?

A platoon would be around 40 troops ... which is perfect, since that's how many
troops the AT-AT can hold.

Does anyone have the official word from some Lucasfilm sourcebook or
videogame or something?  Thanks in advance ...

-s