 Star Wars / 11640
Re: New MOC: A-Wing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:08:45 GMT

Hey, I really like how you got the basic shape of the hull down, it is very
accurate. I agree with some other posts I saw, with all the sculpting you
did, it would be very easy to introduce some color modulation, some greys
and even tans perhaps, like on the studio model (u can see it at
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/smith_sw.htm ).
      It looks like you could put in torpedo tubes on the side of the
fuselage as well fairly easily. When I made mine (yes here it comes, the
arrogance, arrrgh ;)) I used a 2 feet to 1 stud ratio so I wan't able to put
in topedeo tubes satisfactorily, so I left them out. I thought I would
volunteer the one trick off mine I've not seen anyone else use, the black
stripe along the base of the windshield (yes, it still can open easily.)
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2667 (i apoloigze ofr the ugly
use of yellow peices in desperation)
      I like that you put in the minature thrusters in the back too, not
many people remember those. Oh, and theres also a vent in the bottom thats
not too tough to install and is kinda cool. maybe you could slant the wings
as well somehow, perhaps by having the part of the foil go into the hull and
have the hinge or whatever hidden fomr view within the body of the craft?
Sorry for the length of the missive, I hope some of this may be useful. -Carey S