 Star Wars / 10873
  SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

Did anyone buy the VHS version of the SW Trilogy Special Edition that was released last November? I'm wondering if it's widescreen or letterboxed, or if it's just pan and scan. It's a three-tape set with a plastic slipcover. Unfortunately, it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Both versions were available in the UK. I got the widescreen versions, which seemed to retail for approximately £5 more than the pan-and-scan editions in most shops. I can't recall any mention of the widescreen on the outer box, although all (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

I believe that the widescreen version was in a silver box and the pan-and-scan was in a gold box... or was it the other way around? Anyhow, the color made the distinction. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

They made both versions, if your version does not say then it is the pan and scan, the widescreen came in a black box and said clearly that it was widescreen. Scott (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out? Tapes look crappy. I have the laser disk version, but its such a hassle to hook up my old laser disk player and, although it is nearly as clear as a DVD, the sound is not 5.1. Jim Stroot (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Last I heard (around the time Ep1 was released on VHS) is that George Lucas has/had no intent on releasing the DVD's until after Ep3 was released and then they will be released in a massive (money-wise) 6 disk set. I have a feeling things will (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) The last official word was that none of the movies will be released on DVD until after Episode III is released on video, so roughly 2006-2007. However, there are lots of rumors floating around about Episode I being released on DVD in December (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Hard drives are big enough now, I might just rip my VHS versions into a digital format and keep them on my computer. :) --Todd (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) There's always the official VCDs... they may not be the same quality as DVD, but at least it's digital and you don't have to rip it... :) Plus, if you get a DVD player that will play VCDs (or a VCD player,) you can watch it on your TV without (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Well haven't heard anything recently but I will not buy ep. 1 until its on a disc the size of a audio CD :^) Even if ep. 1 comes out sooner, I don't EXPECT the 'Classic Trilogy' to be out for a while. (...) Just throw out your tapes instead! (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)