 Star Wars / 10874
Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jim Stroot writes:
Did anyone buy the VHS version of the SW Trilogy Special Edition that was
released last November? I'm wondering if it's widescreen or letterboxed, or
if it's just pan and scan.

It's a three-tape set with a plastic slipcover. Unfortunately, it doesn't
say anywhere on the box which format the films are presented.

Thanks,
Jim

Both versions were available in the UK.
I got the widescreen versions, which seemed to retail for approximately £5
more than the pan-and-scan editions in most shops.
I can't recall any mention of the widescreen on the outer box, although all
three boxes inside do mention it: possibly a sticker was on the outside?
The best bet is to somehow actually get a look at the tapes themselves,
since the stickers on the cassettes always have that type of information.
Incidentally, the Ep2 interviews are fairly dull, and I wouldn't recommend
somebody getting the set just for that if they already have the Special
Editions from their previous release.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow