 Star Wars / 10817
Re: custom falcon, more pics!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Cooper writes:
Yes, there is a possibility that some details from your excelent ship might
have worked its way in there somewhere. I studied several falcons(yours
including), but also enormous amounts of blueprints, pictures and models.
After doing so I got a picture of how I wanted it to look in my head, and
I'm sure some of your ship is there too. Do you have any specifics?

Oh, things like the four antennas stuck on top of the upper jaw box. The
real Falcon detail isn't quite like this, I just added them because I hadn't
found any other use for them. Also the cluster of 8 little cylinders in the
rear side quarter - I sort of guessed at that. A few other things in the
docking ring area, etc. It's easy for me to detect tiny bits of my falcon in
yours when they were particularly the result of my more questionable design
decisions :-)
I'll use a bit of your neat convex hull shaping technique if I ever build
another Falcon - looks like it requires a zillion small plates though.

"K"

The details you mentioned might be inspired by your ship. Concerning the
hull, I've got a piece count: 1632 white building plates, mostly 2x2, 2x3
and 2x4, but also alot of 1x1 1x2 1x3 1x4 and 1x6's. the top hull is
symetrical down to the last piece.