 Star Wars / 10812
Re: custom falcon, more pics!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 18:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eivind Lokken writes:
Hey!!!
Just posted more pics of my custom falcon. Let me know what you think, good
or bad.
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lokkene/starwarslego

An excellent rendition, bigger than MESS (minifig external set scale). I really
like the dishing of the upper hull. My Falcon (at Slave One site) was a bit too
flat and angular because I tried to use only parts from Star Wars sets to
construct it. I'm guessing you used some detail bits from my model pictures,
primarily because of parts choice and in some cases I completely made up detail
where there were no pictures of the real Falcon to reference. You should have
tried out my quad cannon design though. People always do strange things with
the size and mounting of the cannon for some reason - maybe because they have
preconcieved notions from gun mounts on WW2 bombers, or the distorted
perspective of the battle scenes in Star Wars.

Klaupacius