 Star Wars / 10765
  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Reason #3 they are on sale at TRU - do you need another reason? lol (...) Thats what I thought untill I got a few sets (on sale) - it is actually a pretty neat set once you hold it in your hands. The ONLY 2 reasons I bought it was it was on (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) I agree that the set isn't all that bad (I have 2 of them after all.) MOF, I like the set. My comment was really directed at the "real" Droid Fighter. Yawn. Kind of boring and as disposable as a paper cup. james (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Disposable as a paper cup? I wonder what a Dixie dispenser for *those* would look like. Anyways, I could see a UCS-ish Droid Fighter, given the very good observation Matt made. However, I couldn't see it as an actual UCS set--its level of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) See the inventory at (URL), btw. There are about 5 pieces in this set that could be considered less than wonderful. OK, 9 pieces, if you don't care for the four 1x4 dark gray tiles printed with circuitry. So this set has about 55 brown,tan, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

I just got done sorting 50 of them. I love it, but there's a mighty heap of useless things after the plates and such. Maybe something good will come from fiddling with all those 200 brown banana slopes. My source had 200+ copies from a Kmart. (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

snip (...) snip With that said, how about Darth Vader or Boba Fett in the 8000's. A Vader with a big cloth cape and long light saber would be pretty cool to say the least and Boba Fett with his gun, wookie braid and maybe even a missle firing (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Nah, they couldn't do the backpack -- they'd have to work about kids choking on it... Steve (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

I'm coming into the thread late, but has someone mentioned a really good AT-AT? I've seen a bunch of MOC's around the net that are terrific. And no, the Darkside Developer kit doesn't count. -Roy (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

Yes, I have mentioned it earlier in the thread: (URL) in other threads around here. People are probably sick of me talking about Lego making an AT-AT. :-) But it was the #1 most wanted set on FBTB. -Adam (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)