 Star Wars / *8623 (-5)
  Possible ATST woes

I was thinking about an ATST for only 10 bucks. That would mean it would only have around 100 pieces. The only way I can think of doing that is (and this really irks me to think about it) is to use the shifting sliding legs like those on the Robo (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  the never ending struggle

I geuss I have to thank dave for clarifying certain points from my previous posts. Specifically the issue of representational color in minifigs, and how a yellow lando would be about as good as a blue chewbacca or a green 3po. In defense of my (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Except that TLC did not model the figs in "natural" skin tones. They used bright yellow. Had they modeled the light skinned characters in tan then it would make sense to model the dark skinned characters in brown. (I was surprised and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:Fz63HJ.G4v@lugnet.com... (...) there (...) Dunno. I sure hope that the recent trend in licencing we've seen with TLC won't detract from their original products. Lego would cheapen, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact