 Space / 9548
  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) Quick, someone alert NASA! How, oh how, will they ever dock with the ISS when it is spinning away like mad?! I guess Dennis Tito's reported illness when boarding the station wasn't due to weightlesness after all... <snip> (...) Oh, so *that's* (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) Perhaps Mister Tito ate some food that he should not have ate before entering space? The reason that the International Space Station, or Mir before that system, do not spin around as a person would expect is that the giant solar panels also (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) The "wings" on the ISS (or Mir) are not there to help stabilize the station, they are there to increase the surface area of the solar panels to provide electrical power to the station. There are other control systems which keep the station (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) For more information on the ISS see: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) Thank you for correcting me, Duane, but I also have those control systems that will accomplish the same features on my space craft and, as stated many times before in other posts, the wings are another source of power for the space craft. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) Thank you for the computer site, Duane, but where is the information located about the control systems which counteract the spinning motions in outer space? Jesse Long (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) You will have to dig for that yourself, since I am not intimately familiar with the site and am unwilling to become that familiar with it. However, if memory serves me correctly, I think that the system you are refering to is a thruster system (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) OK, I lied (sort of...) I didn't find a page on the ISS, but I did find one on the shuttle here: (URL) of the links make it a little difficult to read, but there is some good information there. -Duane (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

Hi! Warning! Warning! Bibliographical references ahead! Warning! Danger, danger Will Robinson! (...) I've seen you mention that, but I'm wondering what the principle is you're employing for wing-generated power. Usually the solutions one sees for (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) The first sentence in your reply letter made me laugh, although I do not have any idea in my head why you said that to me but at least it is better to laugh than to have a brawl on the bulletin boards as has been the situation for several (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]

(...) Thank you for the information, Duane. Who knew that the way that the engines were designed in the Challenger were so dangerously built in life? The design of the engines is nice but I simply will just modify the current engines or go with an (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)