 Space / 8891
Re: Finished Freighter and another model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 21:45:02 GMT

Ahhh... :^D It's so good to finally see those interior details of the
frieghter.  I like the layout.  My questions is this: with all that good
interior detail, do you still have room for more than one storage • container?
This isn't a gripe or anything, I just am having trouble reading the model
layout.  From the looks of it you could get one container only inside the
frieghter hold.  Is this true?

Blast! You discovered my dirty secret. Yes its true that the freighter can
only hold one of the containers. (and even then I suppose the pilot would
have to crawl over the container ot use the toilet. : ) The reason for this
is because I originally made these containers (8 in all) for and didn't plan
for Grimlock to carry them-Bardiel --I'd like to make about 20 or so to fill
Bardiel's cargo hold one day--When I'd done a little work on the freighter I
realised that they would fit inside so I figured why not. I added some more
stuff so in the end I could only fit one. I was going to make some more pods
just for this ship and if I do I'll post them.

As for the asteroid mining ship:  where do you get those big brown pieces
that you used for the vents on the four wing thingies?  I've never seen • them
before!

These are the mid sections from 2 old pirate ships. The Black Seas Baracuda
and The Caribbian Clipper in this case.

And where do you guys all get these phone hand sets.  I see one in the
engine room of the freighter and two on the top exterior hull of the • mining
ship.  WHERE?  :^O

UCS Tie : )

:^)  Very nicely done.  The colors are good, and the way that the mining
ship slants and angles, it reminds me very much of the freighter from • Aliens
Resurection.  Which I liked.  But your's is better because it has four • vanes
instead of two, and that gives it more control.  The LOM radar dishes are
also good here too.

Thank you very much. I know a lot of people hate it but I really love Alien
Resurection. Check out a couple of the director, JeanPierre Jeunet's other
movies: Delicatessen and The City of lost children. I actually noticed my
ship looked like the Betty after building it for a bit. If you haven't seen
it yet check out Felix Greco's Ship Scuttle but which also has kind of a
"Betty" look.

http://hometown.aol.com/felixisgr8/scuttle.html

-Jon