 Space / 8622
Re: How to build the Sighthound's hatch. Was: [Re: Sighthound Recon: MOC for non-violent space contest]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 16:31:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Todd Trotter writes:
In lugnet.space, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
I've been staring at that animation for 30 minutes know and I still can't
figure out how that amazing hatch works!

Marc, I've posted some directions on how to build the Sighthound's hatch.
http://www.lugco.com/todd/sighthound/hatch.html

I am so fascinated by this because it seems to me to be the hatch to end all
hatches.

That's nice of you to say, but I don't think so. It might work for some
people and it may not work for others. I hope that it is of use to someone,
though. : )

I think it will lend itself well to modification.

Todd Trotter

Well, I just made a moc-up...very nice functionality.  Although when you
have the door extended out on the two 1x2 bricks with the double technic peg
holes, you can partially angle the door in.  Also, it seems a little loose
with grey technic pegs, so I'd probably use friction pegs.  But very nice
regardless!  I'd say that this would go well with a small freighter that
uses the hatch as a ladder, like the Sighthound.  Larger ships like capitals
would probably work better with side-swinging airlock hatch like the one
used in Mark Sandlin's Bricriu destroyer, mostly because you wouldn't land
such a large ship.

EXCELLENT DESIGN.  I will use it as soon as possible!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.