 Space / 8610
Re: Astro Lift Co. entry for Paul Hartzog's non-violent space MOC contest.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 02:30:33 GMT

Thanks, Todd!  :^)

In lugnet.space, Todd Trotter writes:
Hey Trevor,

I'd like to place an order for 38 cases of Gungan Spam Cakes! Yum.
I really like the concept. It's quite different. My sister worked on a fish
processing ship in Alaska (making fake crab meat), so I can sort of
relate... I guess. : |

Alternative meats can be quite a lucrative business. Buffalo, ostrich, gungan.
Anyway, I like your ship. The dropship is cool. I guess it would serve the
same purpose as the cattle trucks that cruise our highways. I like the red
and white checkered pattern you use throughout. Nice use of the minifig saw.

I know that people may be turned off by the subject matter, but I bet they
wouldn't think twice about it when they tasted the Spam Cakes. Who thinks
about the slaughterhouse when they bite into a hamburger?

Todd Trotter

Yeah, some turnoff was to be expected.  But hey, at least one can't say that
it's "unoriginal"!  ;^)

When I built this ship, the intent was not to create the idea that I support
the concept of "mass killing innocent beings".  No way!  I just didn't have
anything else that could represent good "cattle" and fit my space
limitations, plus I have all these stupid gungan minifigs kicking around.
I'm sure some collectors can relate to that point.  But Madlen made a very
good point none the less.

You're right about the slaughterhouses.  I eat meat personally, but if I
were to visit one I'd probably not eat meat for a month.  Until my carving
for barbaque broke down my resolve!

Much thanks - glad you like it!  Again, I think your presentation blows away
mine.  I wonder how Paul is doing with his wife and new baby?  Does anyone
know when he and Mark Sandlin plan to judge these?

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.