 Space / 8647
Re: Astro Lift Co. entry for Paul Hartzog's non-violent space MOC contest.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 20:39:14 GMT

<shakes head sadly>

Looks like you were inspired by the SS... :-(

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Scott Thomas writes:
Here you go Trevor.  A more "personal"  way to get Gungan Spamcake.  You can
browse through the stockyard and pick the best specimen of Gungan available. • :)

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Hi, all!  Wow, talk about me leaving this RIGHT to the last minute.  Well
it's May 5th, the last day to enter MOCs for the contest, and here is mine.
I don't have the presentation of the Sight Hound contest entry, and my
camera was giving me troubles, but I think I have conveyed the point well
enough.  I present the IP560 Industrial Processor Vessel.  In this case the
ship has been configured to process Gungans for the production of GUNGAN
SPAMCAKE!  :^D  Not everyone may be aware, but there are large fishing
trawlers in use today that catch, clean, process and can the fish (ie:
salmon) right on board.  This is the same idea.  But for our most beloved
Gungan minifig character.

Some may question as to whether it is ethical to carve up sentient
creatures.  We at the Astro Lift Company simply remind the consumer that the
question as to whether or not a Gungan is actually "sentient" let alone a
creature that deserves humanitarian rights is in debate.  We expect the
litigation to take years.  In the mean time, have another helping of GUNGAN
SPAM!  It's good for you!  You can also strip paint with it!

Here is my main site home page:
http://members.home.net/tpruden3/index.html

And here is a direct link to my Astro Lift page for the contest entry.
http://members.home.net/tpruden3/IP560.html

Now, remember, this is supposed to be satyrical, and is not intended to
offend the vegetarian, vegan or rights activists.  If you find the carving
up of Gungans offensive, please do not follow the above link.  Personally,
the thought of the big fish processing ships in use today make me a bit
queezy.  But comments are appreciated.  :^)  Waddy'all think?

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.