 Space / 8222
Re: Question for large-scale builders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:29:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Brown writes:
How do you deal with model flexing?

I'm working on a 6' ship right now, and would like to be able to support it
from a single point, but I don't think I can without having the ship look
like it was left in the sun too long. :(

Anyone have suggestions?

Yup, apparantly. :)

Thanks for all the feedback.  I reworked about half of my central beam last
night using some of the suggestions here, and it's working out much better;
no flex at all, and I can't put enough weight on it to shear the beam (for
fear of damaging bricks!).

I'll post some work-in-progress pics as soon as my (wife's) digital camera
comes back from being on loan.

Thanks again,

James