 Space / 8200
Re: Question for large-scale builders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:06:58 GMT

Another elegant system!, Very good philosophy of building.....!

In lugnet.space, Scott C. Beaton writes:
James,

I to am building a rather large scale spacecraft 3-4ft range. I had a
problem with flex as well, my solution was to build the ship along a central
"keel" much like a modern day ocean going vessel, I also divided the
interior up into sections using bulkheads to reduce the torsional (twisting
along the long axis)loads and latteral flex, I then used long plates to tie
the top of the "keel" together and now the whole ship can be placed on one
central stand with no flex at all in either direction.

Scott C. Beaton

In lugnet.space, James Brown writes:
How do you deal with model flexing?

I'm working on a 6' ship right now, and would like to be able to support it
from a single point, but I don't think I can without having the ship look
like it was left in the sun too long. :(

Anyone have suggestions?

James