 Space / 8195
Re: Question for large-scale builders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:02:41 GMT

Star Destroyer eh?

Got any pics yet?

Regards,

Andrew.

Xanthra47 <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
My 5+ foot star destroyer relies on a honeycomb-like structure and 3 • partial
keels for strength.  Almost every piece in the hull is structural since it
interlocks with those around it and distributes the load.  It's taking a
real-long time to finish it, but it will be strong enough for one person • to
pick it up amidships and not too heavy.

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
How do you deal with model flexing?

I'm working on a 6' ship right now, and would like to be able to support • it
from a single point, but I don't think I can without having the ship • look
like it was left in the sun too long. :(

Anyone have suggestions?

James